Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Tutorial - How to make your own Nail Stickers with Nail Polish


Good Morning, ya'll ! Are you having a good week? I hope so!

Today I'll show you how to do your own nail stickers with nail polish! (I've seen people calling this nail decals with nail polish also, it is pretty much the same thing.)
Wait.. what??? Nails stickers with nail polish?? For real??
For real!! :D Yeey! \o/

I really like doing these sticker when I have free time :) Since I have a really tight schedule and sometimes I even have to go on a business trip, I don't have much free time to do some good nail art and when I learnt about these nail stickers, my nail art life changed a lot!

But why would I want to do nail stickers?
Well, if you, like me, don't have ability with both hands, the nail stickers will do a great job for you: you can draw everything on the plastic and once they dry out you'll be able to put them on and shine with both hands equally beautiful <3. You can do more difficult and elaborated kinds of nail art without been nervous about messing it up on the nail ;) I like to make some pretty nail stickers during the weekends and when I don't have the time to stop and do something pretty, I just apply them and I'm ready to go!

But how can I do these live savers?
Easy piece ;)

These are the things we need:

The plastic actually can be anything with a surface that once the nail polish is dry, you can peel off the hole drawing, so if you do not have the material I said above, you can do some tests and see how it peels off ;).

And how do we do it?
There are few easy piece steps:

Tips for step 1: 
*you can measure your nails and make the limit lines fit the size of your nails. This is very useful when you are drawing something specific to fit you nail - like the Minions Nail Art I'll post next week, or the Alice in Wonderland that I am planning. 
*This is an optional step actually, this will make it all easy ahead, because if you use transparent nail polish or base/top coat first, with the marks you can see clearly where you are painting.
*you can write something on the same side to know which is the side of the plastic that you marked the lines. This will be useful because in the next step we turn around the plastic and if needed we clean it with acetone or nail polish remover. If the marks are on the side you are going to paint, you'll eventually erase them...
*Try do let some space between the marks for each nail, this will make it easier to peel them off.

Tips for step 2:
*The fixing part is optional - If you don't want to, you don't need to. Though, it will make it easy to do the designs. 

Tips for step 3:
*This is not optional, k? Instead of the base coat, you can use any top coat or nail polish :) it will serve as a film for the designs.

Tips for step 4:
* you can do whatever design you want: dotting, striping tapes, stamping, free handed... Anything! \o 
* The nail sticker has to be really dry to be peeled of, do not forget this. To fasten the process, you can put finalize it with a top coat with instant dry.

The nail sticker in the pictures is going to appear around here some time, k?
Piece of cake, right? :D

You can see in my other blog a post I did about it also (it is in portuguese, but you can use Google translator now :D ). There are a lot of nail stickers I already did! There you can find how to apply them also, which is our post here on Wednesday!! Do no loose it! A lot of my nail art I use this technique so I thought of showing it here before I start doing the craziest things with it.

Hope you liked it!

See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...